Vitamite® Bonafide® explained:
- The active ingredient in Bonafide® is Quinaquanone, a water soluble, bio-available form of Vitamin K1 & K2.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 has a critical effect on the function of osteocalcin, the bone protein that binds the mineral and protein in bone together. Without sufficient Vitamin K the binding process is incomplete and low density or defective bone and cartilage are produced.
- Vitamin K1 & K2 are naturally available in fresh, growing green pasture but it is highly unstable, being degraded by UV light, wilting or “wintering off”.
- Horses that do not have constant access to high quality pasture are likely to be deficient in Vitamin K, leading to a reduction in bone density and bone strength.
- Horses removed from Vitamin K rich pasture and brought into a box/yard regime have demonstrated a reduction in bone density within 7-10 days.
- There is an established correlation between bone density and the incidence of OCDs and DODs in yearlings and DMD (shinsoreness) in 2 year olds.
- Bonafide® is the first product to contain Quinaquanone, a bioavailable form of Vitamin K1 and K2.
The Mitavite® range of super premium breeding and race feeds now contain Bonafide®. These include the market leading race feeds Formula 3®, Athlete Plus™ and XLR8®, our trusted breeding feeds Breeda®, Promita® and Yearling Prep®, our speciality feed for old horses Gumnuts® and our muesli concentrate Munga®.